Prevent Ice Dams in Your Gutters

Prevent Ice Dams in Your Gutters... now.

You can thank me later.

Ice Dams form in your gutters after a lot of snow has fallen, snow starts melting and then refreezes in your gutters.  In the interest of full-self-disclosure- I had never heard of 'ice dams' or gave them ANY thought whatsoever before last week, or rather- before the DC Snowpocalypse of 2010.  I personally like the term- KaiserSnoze, which I've heard bantered about, a little better :)

With that said, it's a good idea to INSULATE your roof... especially insulate the ends so heat doesn't escape- right where the gutters are.


You can buy insulation and put it tightly at the bottom of your attic, where the roof and ceilings meet.

I found a thorough article about Ice Dams and Preventing them at Do It Yourself Life.

Please click on the link for more information!

Happy Households... and roofs and gutters!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
top